Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC announces new genealogy series

Through the WDYTYA magazine website:

BBC Two has announced a new documentary that tackles British family history.

A new genealogy-based TV series is currently in production. According to a BBC press release, Family Saga will explore the “big forces” that have dominated the lives of ordinary people over the course of 200 years, with a modern Briton learning about their family tree in the process

Family Saga (working title)

Poverty. Crime. Drugs. Violence. The newspapers of Victorian Britain captured stories and scandals almost identical to that of modern Britain. And according to the police, courts and charity records of the 19th century, problem families were at the heart of these social crises.

From award-winning filmmaker Joe Bullman (The Secret History Of Our Streets), this ambitious new series will reinvent family history. Tackling the big forces that have dominated the lives of ordinary people for centuries and with meticulous family research, the series will tell the stories of individual families and chart their rise and fall over 200 years. And, in parallel, it will explore the changing circumstances of the upper-class philanthropists who set out to save the working classes from themselves. In each episode, a modern Briton will unravel family myths, and reveal the social policies and justice systems that have shaped both their lives and the generations before them.

sounds interesting
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

looking forward to that thanks

Comment

I'll reserve judgement. Some recent genealogy-related series have been all padding and repetition.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I really enjoyed Joe Bullman's 'The Secret History Of Our Streets' so I hope this will be as good.

Chris
          Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
          X