ftm 2014 taking forever to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftm 2014 taking forever to load

Just bought a new computer with tons of ram, memory, fast processor, great motherboard. So can anyone tell me why it takes ftm'14 65 seconds to load????????? This is insane.

Is it trying to connect to Ancestry?

Ancestry has been having problems over a couple of days and is not back up for everyone.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

ft 2014 taking forever to load

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
      Is it trying to connect to Ancestry?

Ancestry has been having problems over a couple of days and is not back up for everyone.

http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...-with-Ancestry

That must be the problem because when I remove the Internet cable it loads quickly. I wish there were a default setting for, "work offline" as that would solve the issue, as I never share my data with ancestry anyway.

Thanks

Comment

You may well find that the FTM/Ancestry problem has been fixed by now, but if you don't want to connect to Ancestry when using FTM the following should help.
        TOOLS >> OPTIONS
        On the GENERAL tab, untick "search online automatically when connected to the internet"
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          You may well find that the FTM/Ancestry problem has been fixed by now, but if you don't want to connect to Ancestry when using FTM the following should help.
          TOOLS >> OPTIONS
          On the GENERAL tab, untick "search online automatically when connected to the internet"
          Thanks Elaine, I'll do it

Comment

Working...
          X