Patrick & Mary Kehoe/Keogh/Keough/Queogh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick & Mary Kehoe/Keogh/Keough/Queogh

Desperately need help on these elusive Kehoes. Michael Kehoe br. c1828 Ireland arrives in Nova Scotia c1854. Marries Isabelle Pirie in 1857 and lives out his life in Windsor Junction, N.S. On his marriage certificate he states his parents as Patrick Kehoe & Mary Hackett of Galway. Does this mean County Galway, City of Galway, are his parents alive at at this time? Michael's surname on the certificate is "Queogh" I can find only one Queogh in all of Ireland (not related). I know Michael spelled his name Kehoe. I have checked & rechecked all over Ireland with no luck. Apparently there is no record of Michael's death in Nova Scotia in 1903. Michael had three sons. I have checked their birth & death records which supplied the usual place of father's birth..Ireland. The Kehoe's were Catholic. Would be so grateful for any help or suggestions.

Dawn Keough Norton
    Ottawa, Canada

Not finding any Queogh in Ireland on Familysearch nor RootsIreland.

Searched for Patrick Keoghs who died in Galway. There were 9 listed, but, given that Michael was born 1828, I doubt that Patrick would have been born after 1810. There's only one that meets that description:
    Civil Death Keogh Patrick 1864 70 Co. Galway

Of course, the record may not have made its way to RootsIreland, or Patrick may have also gone to ??? I didn't find Michael's birth.

Didn't check any other databases than these two.

Comment

have to keep in mind a lot of records were destroyed in 1922, when ironically, records were sent to a building for safe keeping and it burned down.

and technically catholic records begin in the first half of the 19th century, in my experience, around the 1820's. and also in my experience, my family should have been in the registers and they weren't.

also, not a lot of records for ireland are online. this site may help:

Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.
      Last edited by kylejustin; 18-06-14, 00:53.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I do think they may have originated in some other county but were living in Galway at the time of Michael's marriage in 1857. Of course this is just a guess.

Comment

Working...
        X