Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how to save Multiple emails in yahoo mail to my pc or another programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to save Multiple emails in yahoo mail to my pc or another programme

I want to get rid of yahoo as since they changed the format its very hard to use, I have quite a few and wondered if its possible to save them to my PC before I delete Yahoo for good.
    Thanks

I download mine to Incredimail when I have read them online and decided what needs keeping.

I may be remembering this wrong, Val, but aren't you with BT? If so they will be shifting us soon and you may like the BT version ... mind you, they have been saying that to me for nearly a year now.

If you have never downloaded them then it will take a long time I would think. This is from their Help pages:

It gives you the instructions for several different email clients (including Incredimail)to get them onto your computer. (My father uses Eudora and I find it clunky and loathe it - he loves it!) You will probably already have some of them on your computer.

N.B. You will need to decide which machine you want to keep them on - I can read mine anywhere as long as they are still online, but only download them to one computer so that they are all together in one place..
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

You need to use an email application that is actually installed on your PC to download them from the Yahoo server

Install outlook, Mozilla's Thunderbird etc
      Use your outlook settings to set this up on the application
      Then physically download the messages to your PC

This article may help, though it is a little technical
      Backing up web-based free email is important. It isn't obvious how to backup Yahoo! Mail nor is it necessarily officially supported, but it's not hard.

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks both but I have over 800 I need to keep is there a way to do them in one go ? say like in a folder.

Comment

emails.JPGI tried in outlook but this is the only email programmes you can import from

Comment

Hi Val,

You need to set it up manually

Look at 'Manually setup Internet email'
            And the section after it Internet Service Providers settings (for manual configuration of Outlook), that gives you the SMPT and POP details you will need

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Val

An alternative is to install email archiving software. I use MailStore Home Edition (free) which you can download from here http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstor...archiving.aspx

The software can archive emails from webmail, although I am not able to try it with Yahoo. There is also a portable version so you can install it on a USB stick and use it on any windows machine. NOTE, however, this is not an email client it simply stores your emails into a searchable archive and will export them to your email client if desired.

Comment

Thanks Trevor and David for your help shall have a go tonight

Comment

Working...
                X