World War 2 casualty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War 2 casualty

I am researching Francis (Frank) Roberts, born 1906 in Greenock Renfrewshire. I was told he died in WW2. I have come across a Francis died in Alexandria in May 1941. Service number 8784537 Medium Reg RA. Is there any way to find his parents name so that I can check if it is my Francis. The parents I need are James and Lena
    Thank you
    Ann

Enter the detail you know into 'CWGC'..Commonwealth War Graves Commission............his name should come up if a casualty.

Comment

Hello Alan,
      Thank you for replying. This site is where I found the death but unfortunately it does not give parents details. I need these to confirm it is the correct man
      Regards Ann

Comment

From Ancestry, Military Section, UK Commonwealth War Graves there is a Francis Roberts death who was killed 4/7/1940............parents Rachel & Francis Roberts.
        He is buried in Naval Memorials, UK, Liverpool.

Comment

Thank you Alan. Not my man but kind of you to look
          Regards Ann

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

The cemetary he is buried in

Comment

So has this query been solved?

Comment

Anns not been back so we dont know

Comment

I am finally back online. I have had trouble with my computer and could not get on here.
                    I have, thanks to the help on here, found where Francis is buried. I have got a certificate from the War Graves Commission site to give to the family and that is as far as I can go at the moment.
                    Thank you once again and sorry for the delay in coming back
                    Ann

Comment

Working...
                    X