What's the surname please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the surname please ?

Baptism Lpool.jpgFrom a Liverpool Baptism Register..............the writing is not that bad but I'm struggling with the surname; can anyone decipher?
    Last edited by AlanC; 30-05-14, 17:44.

Looks like Clare to me.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

I've not come across it before but seems to be Trampleasure
      Jackie

Comment

Looks like Clare to me too.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

familysearch.org has this;

Ella Clare Tranpleasure baptised 6th April 1879 at St. Luke's, Liverpool. Father Reginald Clare Tranpleasure; Mother Amelia.
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 30-05-14, 18:19.

Comment

Reginald Clare TRAMPLEASURE married in West Derby June Quarter 1874 according to the GRO index
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

And just to round it off neatly:

Dan Trampleasure m Eliza CLARE 1848 Liverpool St Luke.

OC

Comment

There is however a tree on ancestry where the surname is given as Trampleasure. Indexes for her and siblings on ancestry vary between the two spellings.

Also;
                Ella Clare seems to have been born as Clare Ella and in 1903 married as such to George Hayter Cullen at St Mary's, Islington with her sister Mabel as a witness.

Another tree on ancestry shows Reginald to have been born in 1853 in Hackney, son of Daniel Trampleasure and Eliza Clare. This accounts for the middle name of father and daughter.
                The same tree says Reginald Clare Trampleasure married Amelia Jackson 12 June 1874 in West Derby district.

The same tree also says that the couple separated. This could well have happened c.1883 and have something to with Reginald received 4 months imprisonment on 30 March 1883 at Lancaster Quarter Sessions. His crime was embezzlement.
                He didn't learn his lesson!! As soon as he was released, he's up in court again on 30 July at Lancaster Assizes. This time his crme was that he Uttered a forged Bill of Exchange Knowing it to be forged with intent to defraud. He got 5 years.
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 30-05-14, 19:01.

Comment

Thank you all and to the Galloway Lass for showing the way. I'm only transcribing the Register but interesting to read of Family history.

Comment

Working...
                  X