FTM & FH, War Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM & FH, War Service

Following my question regarding FTM and Legacy I have a further question on Family Historian and Family Tree Maker 2014 before I try my FH trial. One of the things I would like to enter are the details on my parents' war service and also those of my grandfathers. Is there a provided or easy/recommended method of entering these in FH or FTM ? If there's no provided method, is there a way that anyone has done this in either package which gives easy to read and, especially, easy to locate and would these appear in printed reports?

Thanks again
    Ian

I can't speak for FTM, but these are the standard military attributes accessible in FH

Attached Files
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

FTM fares very poorly against FH! :(

Looking at the preset FACTS there are only two options, namely Military Service and Military Serial Number, both of which only have the three line standard boxes for input of information.
      Of course, you can create and label your own FACT list should you want.

I tend to write up the military information of an ancestor in the NOTES section of FTM which can then be printed out in reports should you wish.
      Elaine

Comment

The Military Fact Set, can be downloaded from http://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php...litary_history
        Last edited by jtaubman; 26-05-14, 08:01.
        Jane
        Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
        "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Originally posted by jtaubman View Post
          The Military Fact Set, can be downloaded from http://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php...litary_history
          i think this is where Family Historian wins out over Family Tree Maker - the Users Group is very active and produces all sorts of add ons such as this Military Fact Set.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
          X