Kathleen Mary Marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Mary Marsh

Id like any info on Kathleen Mary Marsh she had a daughter called Pauline in 1941 both are now passed away.Her home address at the time was Queniborough Leicestershire .

Do you know if Kathleen Marsh married?
    Do you know when/where she died?

I can see a birth registration for a Pauline Marsh in 1941 in Leicestershire, with mother's maiden name listed as Marsh. Presume that is the one you are referring to.
    Elaine

Comment

Yes Kathleen had Pauline adopted as a baby , so know nothing about the past or future of Kathleen other than she is dead ..

Comment

Can I ask how you know she is deceased. Do you have a date at which you know she was no longer alive?
        Elaine

Comment

Pauline got so far along with finding out through a counselor which as to be done with adoptions ,she was told who her birth mother was and where she was born,also her birth mother was dead . she became ill and passed away and the family would now like to know more ..

Comment

Do you have Pauline's birth certificate which shows Kathleen as the mother, if so does the address for Kathleen give any clues, possibly compare with electoral rolls around that time.
            Do you know if Pauline was born away from Kathleen's normal area of residence, e.g. in a Mother/Baby home?
            Elaine

Comment

, how would i find the Electral rolls for that time please? we know the address she gave was queniborough ,the baby was born in a nursing home though in Leicester .. , would this be unusual for 1941 ? i thought most babies were home births then .

Comment

Electoral rolls would probably be held at the local library or archives.
                If this relates to an unmarried mother giving birth, then she may have been sent away to have the child, rather than giving birth at home or in her local area.
                Elaine

Comment

.. of course you have the added problem of no electoral rolls being published between 1940 and 1944 because of WW2 - but you might be able to tie up names/addresses just prior to this period.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Electoral rolls would probably be held at the local library or archives.
                    If this relates to an unmarried mother giving birth, then she may have been sent away to have the child, rather than giving birth at home or in her local area.
                    Thats my line of thought too .

Comment

Unless Kathleen died at the birth of Pauline and that was the reason for the adoption, then I'm not sure how anyone would know that Kathleen was dead - social services do not normally keep track of relinquishing mothers once the adoption papers have been signed.

OC

Comment

we know Kathleen didnt die in child birth , Pauline was was told by her Counselor that Kathleen had died just a few years before she asked for info on her .

Comment

What year did Pauline ask social services for help re her adoption Liddy?
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

off the top of my head it was sometime round about 2000, /2005
                            Last edited by Liddy; 24-05-14, 20:22.

Comment

How would the counsellor know Kathleen had died?

OC

Comment

files are kept , easy for the Counselor to look up and find info on , and if the mother had asked for it to put on file she was open to be found ...

Comment

I think ive answered everything now so i will keep looking back for any relevant clues or advice , thank you for taking an interest .

Comment

Liddy

I am trying to point out that it is quite UNLIKELY that the counsellor knew that Kathleen had died - how would anyone know that unless someone actually went looking for her?

Not saying she is still alive, just asking how anyone could know either way. We have seen on these boards many times before how people are fobbed off with misinformation about their birth mothers.

OC

Comment

do you know if kathleen married? that could help narrow down a death. you'd get an age and birthplace if she died after 1968.

Comment

Working...
                                      X