where are they living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are they living?

can anyone please tell me where the family is living? just above the year 1738, on the mid left side of the image:

anderby, lincolnshire
    frances, daughter of john rowning and mary his wife, was baptised at ? 18 mar 1737.

I know this is well before registration Kyle but Anderby came under Spilsby later. So I have looked through the Spilsby regs to see if it helped. The only think that looked a vague possibility was Welton, assuming that the hook on the last letter is part of the word below. Otherwise I have no idea I'm afraid.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree. Thought at first the word began with 'M' but comparing with the rest of the writing I do think its 'W'
      Anne

Comment

i think it starts with 'wo' and ends in a 'g' or possibly a 'y', but it's different to 'mary'. nothing really matches among modern towns. she was the only baby to survive infancy, so i wonder if she was baptised in the family home, and that's the word? a house name instead of a town?

Comment

i think it's 'westley'. just found a note that she was also christened at westley waterless, cambridge in 1738. her father was the rector there prior to being the rector of anderby.

Comment

Wow .... good research Kyle!!!
            Anne

Comment

Working...
            X