O'Driscoll/Driscoll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Driscoll/Driscoll

I am trying to help a friend who has relatives called O'Driscoll or possibly Driscoll. It would have been in the late 1800's - early 1900's that 5 sisters moved from Newfoundland to Pasadena, California. They all remained spinsters and used to run an old people's home in Pasadena. One of them was called Mariah O'Driscoll and I wondered if anyone could help me re this query. Thanks. Angela

Hi Angela,

Do you have the other sisters names and rough birthdates ?

Have you found them in the Canadian censuses ?

Haven't found Mariah in California yet. Sometime it is easier to find them as a group.

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
      Hi Angela,

Do you have the other sisters names and rough birthdates ?

Have you found them in the Canadian censuses ?

Haven't found Mariah in California yet. Sometime it is easier to find them as a group.

bcbrit
      I will ask my friend if she has the other sisters' names - I'm not in Ancestry.ca - just the UK and U.S. I did search for that name in the U.S. one but didn't find any. I just threw my comment on to see if anyone had info with the small of amount I had - so thanks for your reply, Will get back to you. Angela

Comment

Hi Angela,

Found on ancestry.com, but not sure if this is yours.

Mary or Mollie O'Driscoll
        b. 1893 Newfoundland
        Pre examined in Canada 23 Oct 1918

US Records of Aliens Pre Examined in Canada

Found the same person on 1910 Brooklyn, New York as a visitor , with hosts from Newfoundland.

Also on 1920 and 1940. 1940 she is single, living in Cmabridge , Mass.

bcbrit
        George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

The US 1930 census has sisters Ann 50 and Bertha 42 Driscoll, born Newfoundland, living San Diego California

Comment

1840 US census has Agnes Driscoll 56, nurse at Hospital, born Newfoundland, living Richmond, Contra Costa, California, [property owned] and her sister Bertha 45, Housekeeper at Hospital.

Comment

1920 Ellen A Driscoll, 35, head, Nurse at Hospital - and think it says own Hospital but unsure, born Newfoundland, living Richmond, Contra Costa, California, with Nellie C Wood, nurse, Ellen A Driscoll 40, cook at Hospital, born Newfoundland.

Agnes emigrated 1902, Ellen 1889.
              Last edited by Guest; 23-05-14, 03:29.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
                1920 Ellen A Driscoll, 35, head, Nurse at Hospital - and think it says own Hospital but unsure, born Newfoundland, living Richmond, Contra Costa, California, with Nellie C Wood, nurse, Ellen A Driscoll 40, cook at Hospital, born Newfoundland.

Agnes emigrated 1902, Ellen 1889.
                Susan, thank you for this info. will pass it on to my friend and see if these names mean anything. Angela

Comment

Working...
                X