FMP: Scotland Census Transcriptions are Grrrreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP: Scotland Census Transcriptions are Grrrreat

This item may have been posted before, but I thought (if so) it was worth reiterating....

Thanks to STG I recently obtained a free month's World sub. to FMP. When researching my Scottish rellies some years back the only available transcriptions of the Scotland censuses were from A***y and, boy, were lots of them simply awful! This meant that searching for people was rather a difficult task as who knew what transcription howlers were present to make a 'find' sometimes or often impossible.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that in looking at the FMP transcriptions in the past few days I have to say that they are, on the whole, pretty good - so much so that I have found several elusive people / records that I simply could not find before. Not only that, the transcriptions contain more information, for example 'condition' (e.g. married) and for a few I also have addresses where A***y just had the ED.

So, overall I found it very rewarding to review my previous research and, as sometimes there are differences between the two sets, it is useful to look at both if you can (not just names or ages but sometimes where born!)

I might relook into mine now thanks Bertie

Comment

Thanks Bertie

... nips off to join Val, hoping to 'find' info about my Scottish ancestors :o
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 19-05-14, 14:45.
      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Wow ... what a first find - how do I save record so that I can review it / print it later?

Its ok, I figured it out!
        Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 19-05-14, 14:58.

Comment

come on let me in on the secret what did you find ??

Comment

lol ... an army record, didn't have any luck after that :(

Comment

I dont seem to have found anything ?

Comment

Working...
              X