Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about Classic Shell please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know anything about Classic Shell please?

My husband had found details of a program called Classic Shell, with a new release 4.1 that claims to improve 8.1. It says that it improves the support and contains some stability fixes. It also say that it can do something that I am most interested in, which is .....gives you the look of Win 7 INCLUDING a start button.

We are loathe to download it without knowing something about it. On the face of it though it sounds just what I am looking for. Any advice welcome please.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 19-05-14, 10:50.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole Chrissie. You would be better investing time and effort into learning how to use w8.1 rather than installing addons that will have their own pitfalls and which, despite the claims of the vendor, could have unforeseen compatibility issues with current and/or future windows updates/patches
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Tim The problem is that I know how to use it, I just don't like it :D I will take your advice though and leave well alone.

Comment

I use Classic Shell on Win8.1 and love it - can't stand the Win8 interface, and have had no problems whatsoever.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Oh that sounds promising Anthony - thank you Can you get the old normal start button with it too please?

Comment

Yes you can choose various styles of start button.
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you again

Comment

Working...
              X