GRO Ireland Certificate Ordering Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO Ireland Certificate Ordering Online

Hi all long time no see, i'm having an issue at the moment that i thought you guys might be able to help me out with.

I want to order copies of a birth and a marriage:
    Birth: Elizabeth Anna Evans first quarter 1886 Dublin South Volume 2 Page 635
    Marriage: William Evans And Mary Hans First quarter 1883 Dublin South Volume 2 Page 627
    So i went to this site: https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Gene...er-Office.aspx
    and clicked on " apply for Certificate online"
    but the the page will not open on mine or my husbands computer.
    so i sent an email to the "contact us" link and they sent me this link: www.certificates.ie
    And it wont work either all i keep getting is "this webpage is unavailable"

So can anyone tell me if there is anywhere else i can order the above online i'm unable to go to the office as i'm in Aus and i don't think hubby will let me fly over there for a piece of paper LoL

TIA

The links work fine for me ...

You may also want to note that they charge €20 for a certificate, but photocopies of the entry (which are exactly the same , but uncertified) are only €4. You really have to search the website to find that out, it is very well hidden !
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Rainy, try this link:
      http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply...tificates.aspx for the relevant order forms:
      As Antony says, copies (uncertified) are 4 euros.

I've copied the info below from a post that Elwyn Soutter has posted elsewhere on this forum as the advice is so clear. If it helps, thank Elwyn!

You have to download and print off the form. Then either post or fax it back to them. You can’t e-mail it to them. However if you want them to e-mail the cert to back to you, they will do that, so tick the relevant box.

Put the reference details on the form (anywhere). Don’t worry about leaving some boxes blank. As long as GRO have the location, name(s), year, quarter (where there is one), volume and page number they should find it.
      Last edited by Karamazov; 15-05-14, 13:35.
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks for the tip AntonyM

Thank you Karamazov, ill give that a go and see what happens.

This is just a little frustrating that i cant seem to get on the website, i asked a friend to try for me today also and it wouldn't work for them either :(

Comment

All those links work for me, Rainy. I wonder if its a problem with being blocked by your server or your anti virus program?
          Anne

Comment

The links have enormous cookie messages - I wonder if you have cookies disabled and/or popups blocked so that it wont let you in? Do you see the messages?

Simple instructions on how to enable or disable cookies on your computer.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I thought the same that is why i tried on a different computer different internet antivirus etc and it it didn't work on theirs either.

Comment

GRO Roscommon will accept a simple letter requesting a photocopy certificate, provided it contains all the information they need. So if you cannot resolve your IT problem and download the form, an old fashioned letter may be the solution. You can post or fax it to them. They will then e-mail the photocopy to you, if you want (say so in the letter) but slightly bizarrely you can’t e-mail your request in to them.
                Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thanks Elwyn much appreciated

Comment

Might be worth flushing your DNS:o

To do this (Assuming you are using Microsoft Windows)
                    1) Close your web browser
                    2) Click on your Start button, lower left
                    3) Look for the Run Command. Click on Run
                    4) In the box that appears, type cmd and press enter
                    5) In the black screen that appears type ipconfig /flushdns
                    6) You can now close the black screen (click on the X in the upper right corner of the black screen
                    7) Open you browser and try the links again

Dermot

Comment

Working...
                    X