Scotlandspeople query ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlandspeople query ?

am searching for a man on there and have a list to go through, some say next to them Service returns ? do I take it these are Army records?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    am searching for a man on there and have a list to go through, some say next to them Service returns ? do I take it these are Army records?
    Thanks
    Hi Val,
    No, not service records, the ones I have down loaded consist of a page of deaths.
    If you click on the "about our records" tab, then scroll down the the second last line in the page and click on "service returns" then you will get an example page.
    Last edited by herky; 13-05-14, 21:33.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

thanks Herky how odd I was hoping they would be army records was looking for deaths under deaths if they makes sense ?

Comment

Not sure what you mean, they are death records with about 10 people on the page, cause of death, date etc is given, plus place and age etc but it does not list the parents names as you would normally get on a Scottish death cert.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sorry, just to add that the example on the site has some children on it and does list the father who is a serving soldier. Some I have seen (of deaths in the war years) have less detail.
          herky

Comment

thanks Herky tried everything but cannot find what I want

Comment

Working...
            X