Ancestry relationship calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry relationship calculator

I thought there was a clickable 'oojamamflip' on Ancestry, which worked out the relationship between the home person and an individual on the tree. Was I dreaming? If not, where's it gone?!!!

if you look at the persons name underneath it says, View relationship to me, click on that

Comment

Thanks Val – you've confirmed I wasn't imagining it, but all I can now see underneath each individual is:

Search records View his tree View family members Print More options
      Overview Facts and sources Media Gallery Comments Hints Member connect

Looks like I'll have to rely on not getting confused as to how many generations etc separate me from whoever I'm looking at. What is even more irritating is that previously calculated relations ships no longer appear with relevant ancecedents.

Comment

Capture.jpgshould look like this

Comment

Relationship details as Vallee pointed out in the previous post is still working OK on my Ancestry tree.

Ian

Comment

That's exactly what I was getting, but for some reason I now get just what I described - and relationship has disappeared from all those to whom it had been previously added. I've tried the 'Help' button with no success, so I can't work out what I have done (or Ancestry has done) or how to restore the facility!

Judith

Comment

Julite - are you looking at a tree which you have created - or is it just a public tree on Ancestry, maybe one you have been invited to.

The "view relationship" option only appears on your own tree (or at least it does for me!).
              Elaine

Comment

Sorted! All down to issues emanating from changing my FTM.

Comment

.. and have you selected "who you are" in the tree?
                  Elaine

Comment

Working...
                  X