Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian births and marriages

Can any one help me find a marriage in Canada and some births

Arthur Charles Withers born 1852 Enfield London died 1935 Waltham Cross Essex England

He married Ann Clark born 1853 Ontario Canada died 1928 Edmonton Middlesex England

Children born in Canada

William Withers 1878 Ontario
    Arthur Withers 1881 -------

Have Arthur Charles Withers in 1861 1871 ( he was a solider ) then 1891 1901 1911 England census

so have the Wither family want to find the Canadian records.

This is a friends family he as asked me to help .

Thank you Annabel

Didn't find anything on Ancestry nor Familysearch (others should double check!).
    If you know which township, then it may be recorded in the newspapers. Various Ontario GenSocs have accumulated the newspaper listings, and published them.

Comment

William Wither I have his birth November 10th Windsor Ontario Canada,

we have checked Ancestry , family search, and find my past.

Annabel

Comment

sorry cannot find any of them

Comment

Thank you for looking.

Annabel

Comment

There is a record of an A C Withers travelling to Canada aboard the Sardinian, arriving on 3 March 1881. Could this be him?
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi Annabel,

Found this on ancestry- WW1 British Service Records

Arthur Withers

b. 20 October 1880, Maidstone, Toronto, also on another sheet says b. 188 Esses County, Ontario

Regiment # 34446 - 17th Bn, The Cameronians ( Scottish Rifles )

There are quite a few pages to his records.

bcbrit
              George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hi Annabel,

Maidstone is now part of the Windsor Metropolitan area, so it was probably a small town. Windsor is in Esses County.

bcbrit
                George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Annabel,

Ontario Genealogy Society
                  Essex County Branch has this publication.

Linda G Bunn
                  Essex Record - extract of births, marriages, deaths and oher outstanding events 1871 - 1882.

It has a surname index in back of the publication.

I wonder if it is worth you contacting them, and see if they can do a lookup ?

The other idea I had was to go at it from Arthur Charles Withers military records. See when the Prince of Wales 3rd Dragoon Guards arrived in Canada ( or the States - Detroit is opposte Windsor. There used to be a lot of toing and froing between the two places ).

Perhaps there is a note in a diary or log book , of the marriage.

bcbrit

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
                    Annabel,

Ontario Genealogy Society
                    Essex County Branch has this publication.

Linda G Bunn
                    Essex Record - extract of births, marriages, deaths and oher outstanding events 1871 - 1882.

It has a surname index in back of the publication.

I wonder if it is worth you contacting them, and see if they can do a lookup ?
                    familysearch has it in their catalog, too.

maybe you can use the free request form if the GenSoc won't do the lookup?

Comment

I don't suppose they were Presbyterian or Catholic?

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies I will check them all out.

Annabel

Comment

Hi Annabel

The William Withers that you mention is my grandfather and I too have been trying to research his birth. I have the same information that you have but cannot find his actual birth, nor his brother Arthur's, nor their mother's, Ann(e) Annie Clark(e). I do know that Hannah Adams was Ann's mother who was born in England in 1825 and died in St George's Hospital Hanover Square. Record in Swindon, County Wiltshire on 23 July 1910. She named Arthur Charles Withers (William and Arthur's father) as a beneficiary.

I have a copy of William's baptism certificate with the following information:

Date - 26 September 1881 (aged 2)

Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USAHoly Trinity Church, Detroit, Michigan. Witness at Christening was Margaret O'Brien

I have a lot of information about the Withers Family but the elusive birth records are frustrating.

With regard to Arthur - he married Edith Adeline Bone.

If you are related it would be wonderful to hear from you.

LaurieW

Comment

LaurieW
                            Welcome to the Forum.
                            If you click on Annabel's username in blue then it will give you the option to send her a message

Edna

PS I have sent her a message as you have to post three messages before you can use the PM system
                            Last edited by clematised; 01-03-15, 19:40.

Comment

Withers Records

Hi Edna

Many thanks for your information but I am confused. I don't really know how to use this site. You say click on Annabel's username in blue but where do I find that?Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to find my grandfather's birth records for so long and I am on a mission this year to find the details. Some of the words used are also unfamiliar like "clematised". What does this mean?

Many thanks
                              LaurieW

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                              LaurieW
                              Welcome to the Forum.
                              If you click on Annabel's username in blue then it will give you the option to send her a message

Edna

PS I have sent her a message as you have to post three messages before you can use the PM system

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieW View Post
                                Hi Edna

Many thanks for your information but I am confused. I don't really know how to use this site. You say click on Annabel's username in blue but where do I find that?Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to find my grandfather's birth records for so long and I am on a mission this year to find the details. Some of the words used are also unfamiliar like "clematised". What does this mean?

Many thanks
                                LaurieW
                                Laurie -
                                Welcome to FTF.

If you go to post #12 (further up this page), you will see Annabel's user name on the left side of that post. Hover over that name, and a box will appear. Second option is to send a private message (which members will abbreviate "PM"). Click that to go to a page to send Annabel a private message.

Clematised is Edna's username (like mine is PhotoFamily, and yours is LaurieW).

Annabel hasn't logged into the system since October last year. If her email address is still valid, the PM will reach her. Also, she will receive an update about this thread each day.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion Laurie

Annabel said in her first message that she was looking for a friend so she is not the actual Family member here.
                                  She may have changed her e mail address and will not get my message if that is the case.
                                  You can ask for help on this board on any family member you are researching and we will try our best to help you.
                                  Just start a new thread on the Research Board.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                                    Laurie -
                                    Welcome to FTF.

If you go to post #12 (further up this page), you will see Annabel's user name on the left side of that post. Hover over that name, and a box will appear. Second option is to send a private message (which members will abbreviate "PM"). Click that to go to a page to send Annabel a private message.

Clematised is Edna's username (like mine is PhotoFamily, and yours is LaurieW).

Annabel hasn't logged into the system since October last year. If her email address is still valid, the PM will reach her. Also, she will receive an update about this thread each day.
                                    what a really good way of describing in easy terms what things do and how we all have our usernames.. [Darksecretz] is mine.. but my name is Julie :smilee:
                                    Julie
                                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                    X