POWs' from the first war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWs' from the first war

I am trying to find out where my great grandfather was buried, there is confusion between CWGC and SDGW either he was buried in Baghdad or Egypt. I have written to the regiment that he served with and unfortunately they we not able to help either. But they suggested that I should contact other agencies that may be able to assist in the search. One of them was the Red Cross this may of use to others.
    The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and other situations of violence.

If I've put this in the wrong bit sorry.
    Julie

Smile, it confuses people.

Thank you for this useful info, Julie. I reckon this is a perfectly reasonable place to put it. I might mention it to Elaine.. Spain, in case it's wanted in the Reference Library. It's already there for info about WW2 PoWs: http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...litary-History

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X