robert porteous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert porteous

Could anyone please help with finding this person on LDS . Robert PORTEOUS B 1747, MIDLOTHIAN .SCOTLAND . Parents William Porteous and Beatty Anderson . Someone told me they had found him many years ago, on LDS, but couldn`t retain the record . I went to Register House and spent 3 hours today trying to find him ,with every combinations of spellings but just could not find it again .( I also had found him on SP 3 months ago , but didn`t print it off ,much to my regret). Two people ,one in New Zealand and one in Canada are trying to prove a connection with DNA testing , as both have this family in their tree, but need visual proof Robert is the son of the parents above. I have found siblings for him with these parents . Margaret 1736 Milnholm, Midlothian ,Scotland . William b 1732 ditto , James b 1740 ditto, Alexander 1749 ditto. Speliing of parents names is William Portoise and Bettie Anderson .
    Would be very grateful for help on this one , feel a bit responsible for setting the ball rolling ,then kicking it out of play !

EV

The only thing I can find on SP is a birth 08/10/1748 Robert Porteous - Parents William and Margret Mack in Lesmahagow Lanark,
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Also showing on Family Search - https://familysearch.org/search/coll...ion_id=1771030
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie,
        Thanks for looking , but the names are definitely Porteous and Anderson,albeit variations, I do remenber that . I am hoping someone will get lucky.
        EV

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
          Chrissie,
          Thanks for looking , but the names are definitely Porteous and Anderson,albeit variations, I do remenber that . I am hoping someone will get lucky.
          EV
          if you found the information on your own computer 3 months ago, and you haven't cleared your browsing history, you should in theory be able to access that page again by looking back in your computers history.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If you viewed a record - or have a previous search - you can usually pick up that info on SP by clicking on the relevant tab at the top.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Unfortunately I went to Register House in Edinburgh, so didn`t have a voucher code to access . You pay for a day search ,but you can`t save it to your own computer at home . Pity that, it would save a fortune on printing ,they charge 50p a print . It was 75 p , but they lost out as folks wouldn`t print anything ,so they reduced it . It looks as though I might have to eat humble pie and admit defeat .
              Thanks to all for advice

EV

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
                Unfortunately I went to Register House in Edinburgh, so didn`t have a voucher code to access . You pay for a day search ,but you can`t save it to your own computer at home . Pity that, it would save a fortune on printing ,they charge 50p a print . It was 75 p , but they lost out as folks wouldn`t print anything ,so they reduced it . It looks as though I might have to eat humble pie and admit defeat .
                Thanks to all for advice

EV
                if you found the record at Reg house then it should still be there? did you make notes? write what info you had asked for for example. I certainly wouldn't admit defeat especially if you had already seen that information so know that it exists.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If you cannot now find it on LDS, that suggests to me that what you found originally was a SUBMITTED record and therefore not worth much.

OC

Comment

i know from experience that records on LDS are not that accurate . This record is not in my tree ,but was asked by a contact to verify that Robert was the son of the parents mentioned . As a consequence I took note of the item I found , but as only a confirmation was wanted I wasn`t too concerned about not getting a print off . How wrong I was ! I even had the staff looking for me ! It is so frustrating ,when I know it was there . I am so annoyed with myself . An elderly aunt of the chap in New Zealand found the record years ago on LDS , she is 96 , and has been hoping someone would find it again . I am going to disappoint her I think . Really appreciate you all taking the time for suggestions .
                    EV

Comment

Working...
                    X