Who is E H Harvey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is E H Harvey?

Hi guys, is it possible that someone can help me figure out who E H Harvey is please?

She or he is noted down on my Nanna & Granddad's marriage as a witness but I don't really know who it is.

I do have an Elizabeth Hannah Rickaby who married Thomas Phillips in Darlington, 1898. She's listed as his wife in his obituary in 1937 and in her mother's will in 1933 as the wife of Thomas Phillips. Her family owned 3 Croft Street where Nanna & Granddad lived when they first got married, I have them in Curtis Directories of 1955 where Granddad is listed as the man of the house.

I don't have a death for Elizabeth and it has been a puzzle for quite some time, is it possible that E H Harvey & E H R Phillips are the same person?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

There is a marriage in Darlington in 1944.
    Marriages Dec 1944
    George W HARVEY / Elizabeth H PHILLIPS
    Darlington 10a 99
    Elaine

Comment

Hmm it is after the death of her first husband and the year would have meant she married at the age of 66 as I have a birth year of 1878 for her. It does explain why I could never find a death for E H Phillips though.

Comment

There's a death reg for an Elizabeth H Harvey Q1 1954 Durham SE reg dist - age at death 75 yrs.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There is also an Elizabeth Hannah Harvey buried in Durham Road Cemetery aged 75, I wonder if she's near her first husband and adopted son/nephew?

Comment

Working...
          X