Helen Reid nee Clements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helen Reid nee Clements

Have not been able to find Helen's Demise. She was born 15 June 1809, St Paul Hammersmith London, Middlesex. She was baptized 22 July 1809 and I have that baptism record on file. Have census 1841 as the last recorded whereabouts.
    She married Charles Samuel Reid in 1835 and they had a daughter Fanny born 1840 died 1844. Prior to her marriage she had an illegitimate son baptized as John Thomas Clements in 1832. the father was a James Thomas Upjohn.

Could this be them on the 1851 census ..

Charles Reid born c1815 Hammersmith (occ Tailor)
    Ellen Reid born c1813 Hammersmith
    living in Southwark St Saviour, Surrey

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

HO107; Piece: 1558; Folio: 538; Page: 12
    Elaine

Comment

Have you managed to find anything for Charles, either in the subsequent census or death registration?
      Elaine

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which seems to be tying in with what I found for Charles, e.g. second marriage to Charlotte Snow.

Looking at that and the census info for Charles, it would appear that Helen died (or left) between 1851 and 1861.
        Have you established who is the mother of Charles Henry Reid born 1858? Is it Helen or Charlotte?
        Have you discounted this death registration -
        Hellen Reid
        Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1857
        District - City of London
        Volume 1c, Page: 51
        Elaine

Comment

Census 1851 Charles Reid

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Could this be them on the 1851 census ..

Charles Reid born c1815 Hammersmith (occ Tailor)
          Ellen Reid born c1813 Hammersmith
          living in Southwark St Saviour, Surrey

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

HO107; Piece: 1558; Folio: 538; Page: 12
          Thank you for response. Already have this noted but it is not conclusive. Charles also lived unmarried to a Charlotte Snow nee Wreford. He did marry her in 1881. Both listed as widows. He committed suicide. Have full history but no Hellen.

Comment

Hi again Elaine. My name is Reg. Can email Charles Reid's history if you so wish. My email is
            Sorry Reg I have had to edit out your e-mail address as our terms and conditions don't allow it. You can send a private message to anyone and include it if you wish.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-04-14, 10:10.

Comment

Charles Henry Reid 1858-1922. His mother is Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
              X