Is Catherine Kelly of 'Full' age or a 'Minor?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Catherine Kelly of 'Full' age or a 'Minor?'

It looks like 'Junior' has been over-written but I don't think an experienced Curate would use the word in this context.
    Catherine Kelly.jpg

I think it might say widow! Does her father's name support that idea?

I am used to seeing an age when someone is a minor, not the word minor, but who knows what a clergyman will write.

OC

Comment

Could be he wrote spinster in the wrong column?
      Margaret

Comment

In all my transcriptions OC, I have found that the bride & groom are either of Full age or Minor and I'm not aware of another option.
        Anything is possible Margaret.............I'm not really supposed to go looking for a birth reg to prove a point..........as ever, 'Only what you think you see'

Comment

I guess its which was written first. I can see full and Minor but which was written over the other?? I'm used to seeing either ages for both OR full or minor in that column.
          Anne
          Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 24-04-14, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            I can see full and Minor but which was written over the other?? Anne
            I agree. I have no idea how you would determine which is which. Is there an indication the marriage was by license? If she's a minor, there's a good chance it would be, and you might be able to find the allegation &/or bond

Comment

Well, I have entered 'Minor'.............................if it's wrong, they can always shoot me)

Comment

"They" should be grateful you tried your best and do so much transcribing!
                Anne

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                  Well, I have entered 'Minor'.............................if it's wrong, they can always shoot me)
                  I'm sure it won't come to that! ;)
                  Margaret

Comment

I was only being flippant Anne & Margaret, "Type only what you think you see still applies" and there is no 'punishment' for making a mistake. Yes, I'm sure they are grateful it's just that my MBE or CBE is delayed somewhat )

Comment

Working...
                    X