FMP reporting errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP reporting errors

Maybe its me but doubt it seeing whats happened on there, I have found a family in 1861 mistranscribed as Bright instead of Knight, now on the old system you got a list of all the names in the household and could correct them on the same page ,it looks like you can now only correct one name on a page ?
    Can anybody tell me different thanks .

Somewhere, probably buried on the Feedback forum/Ideas and improvement pages, this is mentioned as being about to change so that you can do a whole family again..
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks Caroline although why they released the new site without most of it working properly I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        thanks Caroline although why they released the new site without most of it working properly I dont know.
        I think it's mostly working as they intended - what is being tidied up now is just tweaking. I think that what has thrown people is the unfamiliarity, especially where people were used to doing things in a particular way and it's now different, but many won't even try to work it out even when helped and if things aren't found in one way, they assume it's all gone, stop looking and shout loudly.

Then there are those who flatly refuse to use a different browser even temporarily so they can get on. I can understand people being upset, but then some of them are spending their time complaining instead of trying to learn it - after all, no matter how loudly we shout, FMP cannot go back to to the old site.

To work on the Reference Library here, we have to remember to use Firefox as Chrome makes it do funny things when we save ... also, some of the pages look different in different browsers, but there's not a lot we can do about it, just get on with it!!
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I wish I could use chrome on FMP like I used to but the scroll bars disappeared making it very awkward.

Comment

I wish I could use chrome on FMP like I used to but the scroll bars disappeared making it very awkward.
            I never lost them, or if I did I didn't notice, but I read that they were putting them back. Have you tried updating your version and trying again?
            Caroline

Comment

... had you found this?

Extension Win7 Scrollbars:

Caroline

Comment

I dont have windows 7 Caroline I have Vista

Comment

I dont have windows 7 Caroline I have Vista
                  I think it's only called W7 because it looks like those bars.
                  Caroline

Comment

well I installed that and the scroll bars are still missing:(

Comment

Working...
                    X