Thomas hankinson 1873/1958 Cheshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas hankinson 1873/1958 Cheshire

Hi i have Thomas Hankinson Born 17/05/1873 Died 01/07/1958 at Oswestary Shropshire He married Mary Eliabeth Kinder 28/07/1894 at St Peters Church Warrington. so far my brothers research gives hime 4 children samual 1896 Abraham 1901 Arthur 1903 Alice 1907. i have no deaths/marriages we have also been told he had 10 children and we cant find them. (Thomas is the son of Issac and Mary Hankinson) Could anyone help locate the children please

In 1911 it says that they have had 10 children but 7 have died and three still alive. They have Arthur and Alice still living with them. There are two more possible births, which you could find on free BMD by putting in Hankinson in surname and Kinder under Mothers surname. They are Agnes in December quarter of 1911 and Thomas June 1913 - both Wellington Shropshire.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Abraham appears to have died in June 1901 aged 0. So he was probably the other one that is listed on a census who has died. As the other 6 were probably born and died between census it's very difficult to guess which ones they are.

Comment

That was quick chrissie lol, ok thats something i must learn about the gap inbetween census when people can be missing, thanks again xx

Comment

Samuel Hankinson appears to have been killed in the first world war -

Name - Samuel Hankinson - Birth Place - Warrington, Lancs - Living at Hadley, Salop. Death 14 Feb 1916 France & Flanders. Enlisted in Warrington. Rifleman in regiment Rifle Brigade (The Prince Consort's Own) 11th Battalion - Number - S/2141. Killed in action - Western European Theatre

Yes, just checked his records and next of kin was father Thomas of 7 Forge Row Hadley. Which is where they were living in 1911.
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 19-04-14, 23:22.

Comment

Possible death for Arthur Hankinson - born 8th November 1902 (this fits with his birth ref in Dec 1902 Warrington) - died December 1901 aged 69 Shrewsbury Shropshire.

Comment

Possible marriage for Arthur in March 1928 Wellington Shropshire to a Harriet Cotton. Harriet (born 17th Oct 1904) died in 1986 in Wrekin Shropshire aged 82. Possibly had 2 sons and 2 daughters. As mentioned on your other thread though, these children can't be named as they could still be alive.

Comment

Thomas Hankinson - born 23rd April 1913, died Jan 1987 aged 73 - Shrewsbury Shropshire. Possible marriage March 1940 in Wellington Shropshire to Nellie Stringer. Nellie Hankinson born 6th August 1912 - died Jan 1991 aged 78 Wrekin Shropshire. Possible births of 1 son and 5 daughters (which includes one set of twins).

Off to bed now.

Comment

Thank you will read and take this in, i have been able to get his war records free from ancestry.com because of this information you gave me. Thanks chrissie

Comment

If you can see Ancestry Shaz, this is the link to the 1911 census - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

no i cant i just got the weekend freebie, hubby a miser and wont pay for me to join lol x

Comment

If you buy a Family Tree Maker 2012 for £29.99, when you download it you get 6 months free Ancestry. You have to give them a credit or debit card number though and then remember to cancel it before they automatically renew it 6 months later.
                        In fact, if you have £19 worth of Tesco vouchers you can get the 2014 version.

Comment

oh i clicked on it i can see it x

Comment

I will do that thanks, xxx

Comment

We will soon have you researching so much that you haven't got time for much else - like a lot of us Shaz

I have just found someone with a tree on Ancestry that has some of the information. They don't have much on the children, but they have got some parents for Mary Elizabeth Kinder. Of course you still need to check all this out for yourself. Any trees or what I suggest as possibilities are only a guide to make notes of until you get proof one way or the other (certificates etc).

Comment

Nothing on this link i think last one came under the freebies so i dont know what it was,x

Comment

Working...
                                X