X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24hrs FREE access to Irish Newspaper Archives - till 11am Thursday 17 April

From Claire Santry's blog at http://irish-genealogy-news.blogspot.co.uk
    Enjoy 24hrs FREE access to Irish Newspaper Archives
    For one day only, the Irish Newspaper Archives is offering free access to its huge database.

The online archive, which holds titles from the 1700s to the present day, has been undergoing a major redevelopment in the last six or seven months. While the site has been upgraded with many new features, scanning of old publications has continued. Among the most recent titles to make their debut on the site are the Dundalk Democrat and Connaught Telegraph, which arrived earlier today (see blogpost).

You can view the publications held in the database via this nifty county-by-county map.
    Welcome the to Irish Newspaper Archives the gateway to Ireland's great historical past. Irish Newspaper Archives offers access to over 300 years of Irish history through millions of Irish Newspaper pages. The historical newspaper archive hosts newspapers from every county in the country. Irish Newspaper Archives contains Irish obituaries from 1738 to current date and makes the perfect tool for researching your lost Irish ancestors. Whether you are a professional research or simply just interested in Irish history the Irish Newspaper Archives resource is perfect for you.. Subscribe today and get access to Irish titles from their inception right up to current date. Ireland's national database of Irish Newspapers

Here are the codes to gain free access until 11am Thursday 17 April:
    Login User: freebie16
    Password: freebie16

Enjoy yourselves!

- See more at: http://irish-genealogy-news.blogspot....uLAQQQmR.dpuf
    Last edited by Karamazov; 16-04-14, 13:02. Reason: Add URLs
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Many thanks for this, though I have no Irish relatives I knew that one married Lord Kilbracken (she'd worked in the household as a nurse) and accidentally shot herself, it's all a bit Agatha Christie but now I've found a report of the inquest.

Comment

Thank you, I haven't found anything regarding my own Lennon's but I found at least 5 articles where my Tubridy's were involved in the law, a 3 in 1 lol
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
        Many thanks for this, though I have no Irish relatives I knew that one married Lord Kilbracken (she'd worked in the household as a nurse) and accidentally shot herself, it's all a bit Agatha Christie but now I've found a report of the inquest.
        Coincidence or what - I've found the report re the death of my great uncle' son, aged only 26. He, too, accidentally shot himself.
        Last edited by Karamazov; 16-04-14, 19:09.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
        X