No announcement yet.

What's the Groom's second name please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Groom's second name please?

I'm struggling with the second name; I've shown a larger section to indicate the amount of foreign mariners marrying in Liverpool at this time.

Guido who.jpg

what year is it Alan ? it looks like Koch to me
    Last edited by garstonite; 16-04-14, 08:55.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Guido Tuisko Koch?

Moggie

Comment

Strange one this
        freebmd 1863 has him as Guido Tuisko Koch to Ellen Street
        lancashirebmd has him as Guido F Koch to Ellen M T A Street at St Peter ,Liverpool

I would agree with Moggie and freebmd
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Thanks Allan & Moggie.....................it was the second Christian name I couldn't decipher.

Comment

Free BMD has her as Ellen Mary Theresa Agness Street. Not just Ellen Street Alan.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-04-14, 09:31.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sorry Chrissie ...I didn`t put her middle names as it was the groom we were looking at ...just being lazy ...lol...

Comment

tuisko is odd isn't it. and 'koch' is a german name. apparently 'Tuisko' is a ship.

bold and italics mine. from 'encyclopedia of religions' by john g. forlong "tuisko- the mercury of gaul (french version of mercury/hermes) represented holding the balances, with a bird on his head, and a bear on his breast"

Comment

A classic example of why it is necessary to look at ALL sources, the more the better, because even "original" sources differ.

I have three copies of the marriage of my 2 x GGPs. One from the church records, one from the local RO and one from the GRO. They are all different in various details, including first names, which have been transposed on the GRO copy!

OC

Comment

Quite a few of my immigrant ancestors gave their children the name of the ship on which they travelled..eg, 'Helena Mena'. I notice there was a Wilhelm Koch travelling from Bavaria to New York on the Tuisko in 1856 (http://immigrantships.net/v2/1800v2/tuisko18561013.html)

Beverley

Comment

There's a death Mar qrt 1886 Chelsea 1a/276 for Guido TUISKO Koch, age 45, so seems to be the same chap?
                      Last edited by Guest; 16-04-14, 12:17.

Comment

Working...
                      X