Can trees on Ancestry be merged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can trees on Ancestry be merged?

I'm helping a friend who is blind with her tree. She has some individual families on her iPad using Heredis and has exported them to Ancestry. What she would really like to do is merge her individual families into two main trees, one for her side and one for her husband's.

I don't use Ancestry trees and said I would ask you folks if this can be done and how to do it, please.

Anne

You cannot merge trees on Ancestry. You would need to export GEDCOM files from the Ancestry trees, merge the trees using a family history program on your computer, then export a GEDCOM from the newly created (merged) file - and then upload to Ancestry.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. My friend actually finds aspects of the Ancestry tree more accessible than any computer based program. The worst aspect of all computer based programs is that the speech system (on PC its called Jaws;the iPad has its own which is a bit better) can only read to her if the program has been written to do so. It is very frustrating for her to come to a 'button' on screen which is read as "button" rather than reading the text written ON the button.
      I'll have to try and get to grips with merging on Heredis if possible to help her. I hesitate to offer to import the trees onto my computer and do it for her!
      Anne

Comment

Working...
      X