Ancestry Free Access Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Free Access Weekend

Good new guys, Ancestry are giving us free access to certain records over the Easter Weekend:

Free access coming soon*
    We're giving you free access to more than 400 million records* on Easter weekend — including the 1901 and 1911 censuses — so it's the perfect time to start your family's First World War story.
    *Access to the records in the featured collections will be free from 00:00 on 18 April until 23:59 on 21 April 2014, BST. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a user name and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collections please click here.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Yippie (sarcastic tone)
    Looks like us subscribers will not have access from overloaded servers yet again this Easter

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
      Yippie (sarcastic tone)
      Looks like us subscribers will not have access from overloaded servers yet again this Easter
      Would be nice if they gave us .co.uk subscribers .com service sometimes... though I'm not sure what they could give those with a full subscription.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
        Would be nice if they gave us .co.uk subscribers .com service sometimes...
        They do occasionally - I have seen both US and Canadian records being made available at times.
        Elaine

Comment

What's good about that, it means that I am paying for a full years sub with some hunks of it given to freebees.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy View Post
            What's good about that, it means that I am paying for a full years sub with some hunks of it given to freebees.
            Well the hope must be that those who try out the freebie will go on to buy a sub thereby keeping the overall cost of subs down for all of us as prices rise for running costs.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              They do occasionally - I have seen both US and Canadian records being made available at times.
              Yes, but very rarely in proportion to the free .co.uk weekends.

Sorry in a moany mood.
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X