Birth Registration Query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Registration Query.

Any reason why I can't find a birth registration for 1948ish in or around London?

Linda

How do you know the person was born in/near London if you can't find the registration? Perhaps the person had a different name at birth.

OC

Comment

Depends where you looked.
      If you have looked in the online GRO indexes the name could have been omitted or spelt incorrectly.
      If looking at the microfilm GRO indexes the name could have been omitted or spelt incorrectly.
      If looking at the paper GRO indexes the name could have been omitted or spelt incorrectly in the particular index you are looking at (there were many versions).

Try looking at the local indexes of register they (although they also contain errors) are often more accurate.

Have you found the parent's marriage was that in the same district as you think the birth should be in?
      If not do you have evidence of a change of address?
      Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi Guy,

Would it be possible to run through this with you in a PM?

Linda

Comment

Thanks Chrissie for all your help.

Linda

Comment

You're very welcome Linda I just wish that we could solve it. I think we need a bit of help from someone more experienced than me.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes it got a bit complicated didn't it..still you never know more information MAY come to light..and I shall be straight back to you ;)

Linda

Comment

Is there a possibility that the person you are looking for is adopted?

An adopted person is not listed in the GRO live births register in their adoptive name, they are listed in the Adopted Children Register. The index of the ACR can be viewed in some main library's in England and Wales.

Just a thought.

Gerry

Comment

Working...
                X