Adult Baptism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Baptism

Dont think I have asked this before but I have a married adult being baptised in August 1896 at 46 years of age she then dies in March quarter 1897, would she have got baptised because she knew she was dying ?

Maybe, or maybe she just saw the light, lol. I have one or two adult baptisms which I suspect were the result of religious rally meetings - Billy Graham type events.

OC

Comment

I have some adult baptisms in the Church of England. They were my great-grandmother and two of her brothers all together. I suspect they decided to do this as they were brought up in a non-conformist family and I think they all became C of E.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

interesting ? I might just send for her death cert, did wonder if maybe she was ill at the time

Comment

I have a friend who likes to swop and change religion and she says she has been baptised three times so far.

Edna

Comment

really ?? I dont believe in religion myself, seems to cause lots of trouble.

Comment

ME too I came to terms with life at it is many years ago and don't feel the need for it but don't knock those who do. even close friends.

Edna

Comment

Working...
              X