Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Bunting c 1841 - this is my brick wall -UPDATE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Bunting c 1841 - this is my brick wall -UPDATE!!

Hi everyone,I haven't got any further as yet with Thomas Bunting or his father Abraham.

However,I have just got the information that in 1884 Thomas' son William Thomas b.1863 enlisted in the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders.William apparently only stayed in for 3yrs being discharged in 1887 with debility.

Now please can someone tell me if I am wrong -wouldn't he need to have Scottish ancestry to be able to enlist with the Argylls.Perhaps if that is true then I have been looking in the wrong direction for Abraham his Grandfather.

Can you advise me please.

Betty
    ​Bettyespana

I have a British man enlisting in a Scottish regiment and as far as I know his father was not Scottish but his wife was?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      I have a British man enlisting in a Scottish regiment and as far as I know his father was not Scottish but his wife was?
      Thanks for that Val.I do know that Williams mother was of Irish ancestry.Due to the fact that many people helping me to try & find Williams grandfather Abraham Bunting(joiner) with no success I thought it maybe that he was of Scottish extraction.From what I have seen up to now the Bunting name is also prevalent in Scotland.

Regards

Betty
      Last edited by bettyespana; 09-04-14, 06:06.
      ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
      X