Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonkerbos War Cemetery,Nijmegen,Holland

A very quick question
    a family relative Sgt Edward Oakes who was a Gunner in the RAF Volunteer Reserve was shot down and killed 16th May 1941...
    Jonkerbos War records have aged 22 born unknown - died 16th may 1941 son of William Oakes and Lucy Jane ,Garston ,Liverpool
    I know he was born January 1919 in Garston ,Liverpool .....he was my dads uncle ...my dad was 15 when Edward died and often talked about Edward .
    My question is - would Jonkerbos War Cemetery records want to know when and where he was born for their records ??
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

If you don't get info I have asked a friend who lives in Holland and she researches FH too so will let you know if I hear from her.

Edna

Comment

Thanks very much Edna .....allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

She has sent me this site Allan and said to use the buttons at the top to translate though I cant find them

Edna
        Last edited by clematised; 08-04-14, 17:30.

Comment

Allan, this is a CWGC war cemetery and they do not normally show any date or place of birth but perhaps you should contact them. They do usually show details of close family and their site shows that Edward was the son of Daniel & Lucy Oakes.

merleyone

Comment

Thanks Merlyone / Edna ...Edward was born 28th January 1919 and baptised 4th March 1919 here in St Michaels church ,Garston....I just wondered if they would appreciate the details for their records ....thank you both ...I have just sent them the details ...this post can be closed now
            big thanks Edna xx
            feel better now ...

Comment

Working...
            X