Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone managed an address search on the new FMP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone managed an address search on the new FMP?

If so can you find 18 and 20 Janeway Street, Bermondsey in 1901 and 1911?

I have had very mixed results on address searches, and I can't find the female of a couple who were married in 1907 either before or after. I have her prior to 1901 with the rest of her family, but the family split just after the 1891 with the death of the father and I can only find 2 of 6 children.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

I just tried and I know I put the right details in but got no results for Bermondsey , whats their names Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      I just tried and I know I put the right details in but got no results for Bermondsey , whats their names Pete
      The only Janeway Street or Janeway St comes up in Rochdale in 1901. :(

Lots of Bermondsey but not that address in 1911.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Henry Sedgwick and Elizabeth Ford, this is the marriage:-

I have Henry in 1901, but cant find Elizabeth in 1901 or both in 1911. It is Elizabeth who is important as Henry is just a 'married in'.
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
          The only Janeway Street or Janeway St comes up in Rochdale. :(
          Ditto!

By other means -
          1911 census for 18 Janeway Street, Bermondsey
          household is
          James Richard Baynes 39
          Georgina Baynes 39
          Georgina Baynes 16
          Susan Baynes 12
          Elizabeth Baynes 0
          James Richard Baynes 14

- which should help you to find no 18 and no 20 on FMP.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
            Henry Sedgwick and Elizabeth Ford, this is the marriage:-
            Neither of those show up as living at no. 18 or no. 20 Janeway Street in the 1911 census.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that has ruled that out then!

How did you find the address?
              Devine in Ireland

Comment

yes how did you find that address I just gave up

Comment

can I whisper it ..... Ancestry! ;)
                  Elaine

Comment

On Ancestry it said Janeway Street, Jamaica Road on the ones I looked at but I gave up looking further in FMP when I saw that Elaine had answered your question.
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

well why does that not surprise me ??;) but it still does not help in the FMP records does it ? and I need both

Comment

Here you go

and this is a good one

Browse over 1000 years of historical records made available for you to search by Findmypast.
                        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks Elaine but I had no trouble finding the census records for 1901 and 1911 surprisingly ,although it seems to take ages to get to the nitty gritty , but could not find that address Pete wanted on either, but if it exists on Ancestry why not on FMP

Comment

Just tried it on another thread here and it worked but had to put a name in to really narrow it down. Still not as good as before even with the little changes
                            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I keep going back to try stuff hoping it will work but its not anywhere as user friendly as it was dont care what people say.

Comment

So far as I can tell, it is not possible to find Janeway Street, Bermondsey, using address search. There's a long way to go for FMP to be the site it was, if ever.
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-04-14, 22:48.

Comment

I don't think it's possible to do an address search on FMP for 1911 census, has anyone had success with 1911?

Comment

have pmd you Pete , hi Susan

Comment

Hi Val

Pete, is it possible Henry was a widow in 1911 and living with his sister and brother in law? There is a Henry Sedgwick, a carter, born 1885 Rotherhithe with Thomas and Ellen Plumb.

Comment

Thanks Val, I think that explains 1911; just wish I could find her, her mother and the rest of her siblings in 1901.

Susan, I have managed some address searches on 1911, but they are very hit and miss. If you go to 'Search records' - 'Census, land and surveys', click on 'All Collections' and pick 'Census', then go down to the bottom and enter '1911 Census for England and Wales' in the 'Record set' box, you can search some address in the boxes above, but it doesn't work for all addresses.

If you go through the 'List of all records' menu then you can't search at all, despite there being an address box on the form.

I have really tried not be negative, but so far I have not found a single positive point on the new site. It just doesn't work, not even for fairly straightforward searches.
                                        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Working...
                                        X