confusion with ancestry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confusion with ancestry...

I have never had this problem before but now when I search for my family, i am getting lots of American records.
    I have been looking through them in a hope of finding the uk ones im looking for. getting a little annoyed by it.
    now you may think its something as simple as the search filtering but my search filter is set to uk and irish only collections.
    what is going on?

thanks

Make sure the "Show only records from these collections" box is ticked alongside where you select UK & Irish collections.

It looks like the default is now set to be unticked, and it doesn't want to remember when you do tick it, and keeps reverting back. No doubt one of Ancestry's recent "improvements" !
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I get fed up with all these so-called inprovements.thanks for your help :-)

Comment

are you signed up with ancestry.com? or ancestry.co.uk? my aunt sigened up with ancestry.com.au, and it is the default setting to show only australian and new zealand results. it does not 'remember' if you untick that box either. highly frustrating. just wondered if it was something you found on the particular site you signed up with.

Comment

it was ancestry.co.uk and the problem was as simple as not ticking the box.
          thankfully it was as simple as that. I was getting annoyed and did even check to see if I had logged into the correct ancestry :-)

Comment

Working...
          X