Jersey church records online or on microfilm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey church records online or on microfilm

I have been researching family in Guernsey at the turn of the century and find that some of them have come from Jersey to Guernsey. Is it possible to get microfilm of church records of Jersey through LDS?

The only direct FS link I can find is this one

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

but there may be others here

STG
    Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 29-03-14, 15:02.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

http://chi.genuki.weald.org.uk/ Genuki can be a great help too

Edna

Comment

You may already be familiar with this site: http://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Jerripedia

I have found it very useful for researching Jersey people. The site states: "we have the only comprehensive online index to church registers of baptisms, marriages and burials from the 15th to 19th centuries"

Comment

A couple of other sites which may be useful are - Jerseyheritage.org and the societe jersiaise Jersey Datestones Register.
          Depending on the time-frame you are researching it might also be worth checking out Canadian records in and around the Gaspe Coast.

Comment

I am going to Jersey on Wed 2nd April until sat 5th April ...haven`t a clue where the records office is - but if you can find out and you want me to call in ,let me know...:o
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
              I am going to Jersey on Wed 2nd April until sat 5th April ...haven`t a clue where the records office is - but if you can find out and you want me to call in ,let me know...:o
              Hi garstonite, sorry didnt get your message til tonite. Very generous of you. I am keen to find out if the ancestor I have been researching was married on Jersey. The name is Ellen Malorey, or might be Helene Maloret or variations thereof! born abt 1863 St Saviour Jersey. Possibly married John Louis Le Lievre 1891-1893. Not sure the best place to look! If you have time and the inclination this maybe the place, or they can redirect you. my email address is (removed) - should you strike gold. I am happy to pay for for a certificate if nec or for a search by staff.

Jersey archive, Clarence Road, St Helier, +44 (0) 1534 833300
              9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday !!

Thanks
              Cheryl
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-04-14, 10:22. Reason: email address removed

Comment

You may just be a tad late but just in case I have sent garstonite a PM for you but I advise you remove your e mail address before the mods do it for you as they are not permitted here. O bother you cant remove it they have changed things so you cant remove it yourself after ten minutes.

Edna

Comment

Over the past few days I have been scouring the Jersey web site the island wiki, Jerripedia with great success, having been able to pin point many relatives I didn't know existed.

I am sure I will find more as time progresses.
                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

OOPs, no edit rights:(

Comment

Originally posted by Chan62 View Post
                      OOPs, no edit rights:(
                      You can edit if you are quick.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

No problem, have removed the email address for you.
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Chan62 View Post
                          Hi garstonite, sorry didnt get your message til tonite. Very generous of you. I am keen to find out if the ancestor I have been researching was married on Jersey. The name is Ellen Malorey, or might be Helene Maloret or variations thereof! born abt 1863 St Saviour Jersey. Possibly married John Louis Le Lievre 1891-1893. Not sure the best place to look! If you have time and the inclination this maybe the place, or they can redirect you. my email address is (removed) - should you strike gold. I am happy to pay for for a certificate if nec or for a search by staff.

Jersey archive, Clarence Road, St Helier, +44 (0) 1534 833300
                          9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday !!

Thanks
                          Cheryl
                          So sorry Cheryl - but you just missed me - I had to be at the airport for 11 am so I left our house at 10-30....every chance I may be going back June 4th - so if my friend is OK for that date - we will be going ...I know Clarence Road , and will call in ...I have messaged my nephew who was born in St Helier and lives there ...he may be able to help ...I will keep you informed ...allan ....feel frustrated now because I could have walked from our Hotel to Clarence Road and tried to get you the info you wanted ...maybe on my next visit ...
                          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I text my Nephew - and he said Malorey family are mostly based in
                            Paroisse St Brelade ,Jersey ....so I googled it ...all records are held in St Brelade parish hall

...so we may not find your Helene / Ellen Malorey - but maybe the church records have some knowledge of the family name ??...might be worth a try ...can I ask where you got the info Helene /Ellen was b abt 1863 St Saviours ??
                            anyway...I am going to have a look on that Pariosse St Brelade Parish Record site cos I`m nosey like that ...lol
                            good luck
                            Last edited by garstonite; 06-04-14, 10:44.

Comment

Sadly that link is no good ...the address for Parish Records is as follows
                              The Rector
                              The Rectory
                              La Marquanderie
                              St Brelade
                              Jersey JE3 8EP
                              Channel Islands .............maybe write him a letter for advice on the Malorey family ??

Comment

Working...
                              X