anybody havng trouble downloading army records on FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody havng trouble downloading army records on FMP

I dont know what they have done , but am having awful trouble saving images I only get the download on the first page of the records then it disappears???

Why do they call it "improved" and "progress"? All they seem to do is mess things up so that we can't easily find what we want, or even worse, the site is rendered unusable.

Sorry, Val, can't even try it out in an attempt to help you - I'm not allowed to look at any images, let alone download one.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

What are you looking for?

I have just tried a couple at random (John Smith lol!) and they seem to be OK.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

are you using th new site val?

Comment

Finally worked it out it seems at the bottom of each image is a sort of arrow you have to click on that to get the download option ? but oh what a rigmarole , I have decided I hate FMP after all , on the old one for a marriage I could put a surname for the man and a first name for the bride and got matches now I cant see to find how to do it on there .
          Really feel frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            Finally worked it out it seems at the bottom of each image is a sort of arrow you have to click on that to get the download option ? but oh what a rigmarole , I have decided I hate FMP after all , on the old one for a marriage I could put a surname for the man and a first name for the bride and got matches now I cant see to find how to do it on there .
            Really feel frustrated.
            I haven't managed to suss out the groom-surname + bride given-name search, either. If I want to search for that, I usually use FreeBMD and then come back to FMP or Ancestry once I've found it.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I hardly ever use FreeBMD Christine I like to have FMP and Ancestry going at the same time but am thinking if this is to be the new FMP I might not bother renewing this year

Comment

Working...
              X