Anyone belong to Mocavo.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone belong to Mocavo.com?

I often read James Tanner's blogs (Genealogy Star) and he seems impressed with the thousands of listings they have on there. They have just added the 300,000th database so I thought I'd take a look. You can search for free but need to pay to see the database in detail. I was wondering if anyone had? There seem to be quite a lot of UK things and worldwide as well as US.

You can try it free for 7 days apparently http://genealogysstar.blogspot.co.uk...ealogy's+Star)

Anne

I clicked on your thingy, and had a look at the site. I couldn't find any lists of records, or any way to do anything without going on to Google. All I found was pictures of James telling us how wonderful his site is, and not to use Family Search because it is useless.
    Was I doing something wrong?

Comment

i do wonder if the blog your reading is sponsered by the site? could explaint he eagerness of the author and the seemingly poor site description.

Comment

Click on the link in the blog. I searched for one of my rare names and found a lot of listing of parish record transcripts with the name highlighted in each example. To be fair they were not new to me but some of the other stuff was.
        Anne

Comment

The best link to click is http://www.mocavo.com/. They want you to sign up for an account which is free but then once you start searching you get a pop up asking you to have a 7 day trial of their paid ervice.

Margaret

Comment

Thank you Margaret - Much better result with that one!

Comment

Most 'free' stuff on there, if not all, is available on the internet. I tried searching for my American ancestors and got no hits. My impression is: it's a site which promises much, but delivers little, I'd like to be proved wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. I wasn't seriously considering paying but didn't want to miss out on anything!
                Anne
                Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 31-03-14, 07:37.

Comment

Working...
                X