Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decipher another witness surname please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decipher another witness surname please.

It's the first witness; first name is. I think, Edward but cant 'see' a surname.Tuesday Witness.jpg

Miles???

On first glance, Edward looked like Albert but isn't after all.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Morning Caroline; I don't see a 'Miles' but then again I cant see an alterative either.

Comment

Edward Mial? Nial?

OC

Comment

Morning OC, If I stand 3 feet from the screen I can see Mial or Nial, the latter is a recognised surname.

Comment

Could it be Miel or Miell? Without enlarging it I immediately thought it was Miel as I have Miell in my tree. When I enlarged it, I was not so sure. What part of the country is this from? My Miells are from Salisbury, Wiltshire

Comment

This is an 1863 Liverpool Register.....................you could be right Pat.

Comment

looks like 'micel' or 'mical' to me. some horrible signatures in your indexing project alan.

Comment

Yes, there are some horrible ones Kyle but it's nice to offload some onto FTF for help. With this one, I cant decide what the 1st letter is......probably an 'M' ??

Comment

My immediate response was Edward Miles - he signed with a flourish, didn't he, lol?

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I saw Miles too

Edna

Comment

Who was the other witness or the couples surnames as I found a 1863 marriage of Edward Miles in St Nicks

Edna

Comment

OK, Miles is growing on me and I can always blame the Miles fans.

Comment

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I thought it could be a very bad 'ONeal'.

Comment

Working...
                            X