Hebrew name translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebrew name translations

Is there a site which will tell me what Hebrew names translate to in English ?
    I am trying to trace siblings of my 2 x Great Grandfathers family

I have
    Iciek
    Kajle
    Kopel
    Haje Dyne so far

also you know the Jewish records on Ancestry have film numbers can you order those and what exactly would they show

Some just say
    Other Information page _pos:86/16 what exactly does that mean

Thanks a lot

Try sending naomiatt a PM and ask her if she will help translate for you

Edna

Comment

thanks Edna she did a lot for me some while ago I was hoping to find these myself.

Comment

I think she wrote a lot of the name translations down recently on here, look on page 2 for her last messages

Edna

Comment

There is this site Val.

All Hebrew Names - Hebrew and Israeli names for baby, boys and girls including meaning and numerology, Search over 3000 male and female names by categories.

It lists English spellings of Hebrew names, but not equivalents.

However I can't see any of your list on there.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

Iciek = Isaac, I think.

OC

Comment

Just found your original thread from 2011 Val, with the same list!

Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
              Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
              Devine in Ireland

Comment

I think the spellings are off, as most seem to be family names, not first names.

Kajle seems to be more common in Pakistan.
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

ooh I am sorry I've been quite ill and its affected my head I had completely forgotten about that thread sorry everyone and thanks

Comment

plus thats not what I meant to say either oh dear, talk about woolly headed.

Comment

First one presume is Isaac, second could be a form of Chaya, third, Kopel, form of Jacob, fourth...not sure without seeing the spellings you can see..
                      Last edited by naomiatt; 24-03-14, 02:55.

Comment

fourth one..could also be a form of Chaya i.e Chaja and the second name with that could be Dina or Dinah..
                        Last edited by naomiatt; 24-03-14, 03:00.

Comment

thanks Naomi I am trying to work out their names because I know my Abraham came here with a Brother so trying to see which one .

Comment

That's ok, presume it was Isaac or Kopel/Jacob and their respective partners and/or daughters..

Comment

As Abraham changed his surname to Rose when he naturalised would you say its likely so did his Brother?

Comment

Val

On a recent Heir Hunters programme, a Jewish family had changed their names, but all had changed to something different from each other, so I don't think you can guess, really.

OC

Comment

oh really OC blast thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                                  X