Cousen, Couzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousen, Couzen

I am trying to find out where my Grandfather's family came from. He was Nathan L. Cousens. I have been able to go back to Nathaniel Cousens,born 20 Dec 1776 In Prospect Harbor, Maine. It shows his father was also named Nathaniel. But they spelled his last name, Couzens. Haven't been able to find any thing more about him. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to the Forum Pearliemae,

I think you may need to add a little more of recent information about your Nathan L Cousens for people to help you, like where he may have been living or where his children were born might go a little way for people to offer help.
    Names changed over the time according to who wrote them down and how they had sounded to the cleric who wrote them, many variations can apply to a name like this which is not unusual.

Edna

http://www.houseofnames.com/cousens-coat-of-arms this may interest you
    Last edited by clematised; 17-03-14, 22:29.

Comment

I can't understand how you have got back so far with this family if you have not yet found where Nathan was from as it is difficult to see how you have jumped past him to 1776 and have a true and meaningful Family Tree without proof of birth of your Grandfather and his parents.

Edna

Comment

from Maine - LDS records
        died age 92 ...b 1740...could this be your Nathan Cousens senior ??
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
        Last edited by garstonite; 18-03-14, 07:26.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Sorry, I didn't fill in what I have all ready. My Grandfather Nathan L. Cousens, was born 19 Sep 1863, on Verona Island, Maine and passed away on 25 Oct 1943. His father was Charles Erving Cousens, born on 16 Aug 1837. Died 1910 in Brooklyn, NY. His father was Nathan L Cousins, born 6 Mar 1815, died 8 jan 1838. Next is Nathaniel Cousins/ Couzens.He was born 20, Dec 1776. It seems they kept changing the spelling of their last name.

Comment

I wonder if it was??

Comment

Working...
            X