Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing after 1871

Hi,

I am looking for William Ballard b1849 Martley Worcestershire. I have him up till 1871 where he is living in Sedgley as a miller. After that I cant find him.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

One man died Q3 1907 in Evesham aged 57. He is on the 1901 census.
    Last edited by webwiz; 17-03-14, 13:17.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Thank you Webwiz. I cant see him on the 1901, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Sorry, I am looking on ancestry. I can see him on FMP but I don't have a subscription.
        Last edited by Ellen Proctor; 17-03-14, 13:50.

Comment

There's a William BALLARD who's in North Littleton - but I don't think that he's the same one... not unless he's at home in 1871 as well as lodging in Sedgeley!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            There's a William BALLARD who's in North Littleton - but I don't think that he's the same one... not unless he's at home in 1871 as well as lodging in Sedgeley!

Christine
            Thank you Christine, I have checked him out & he is someone else.

Comment

There's an item in the Worcester Journal 28th April 1877. William Ballard of Martley was convicted of "being unlawfully on the premises of Miss Alice Morgan, schoolmistress, at Martley". She and Kate Ballard, pupil teacher lived together. He got 3 months hard labour.

There's a bit more detail in the article but I don't know if he's yours
              Jackie

Comment

Same newspaper 8th November 1879 - William Ballard labourer Martley pleaded to guilty to being drunk and disorderly at Bransford. Was fined
                Jackie

Comment

5th November 1881, William Ballard, 30, Martley with 2 others was charged with vagrancy by "sleeping in a railway track on the Lower Quay". Discharged with a caution
                  Jackie

Comment

Its not clear on the newspaper but that last one should probably read "railway truck"
                    Jackie

Comment

Oooo, thank you very much Jackie, that's wonderful. Might explain a few things.

There are two William Ballard's in the area but they are cousins & so both belong in my tree.

Thank You agin
                      Last edited by Ellen Proctor; 19-03-14, 16:00.

Comment

You're welcome
                        Jackie

Comment

there is a William Ballard on a crew list going out in 1881 no age stated or place of Birth going on The Czarina 24 Jun 1881 -17 Sept 1881 from Portsmouth

Comment

Thank you Val, I will check that out now

Comment

Working...
                            X