How to delete Home Page on Genealogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete Home Page on Genealogy

I cannot work out how to make my Tree on the Genealogy site private? so after googling this is what I found
    I must be thick ?? dont answer that
    Cannot for the life of me find what they are sayingdelete home page.jpg

Val, this type of home page was created with FTM 2005/2006 version - and the instructions you have posted are for that version program. Are you still using it or have you updated?

If you are not using FTM 2006 then go to
    http://www.genealogy.com/
    - and sign in with your account name and password.

If you have forgotten these you should be able to get a reminder providing your email address that you created your account with is still current.

Once you have logged in you should be able to see your current tree - and there should be an option to edit/delete it.
    Elaine

Comment

aha Elaine no I dont use that version anymore no wonder I cannot do it? I did log in though and could not see how to delete it ?
      Thanks again will have another go.

Comment

I don't have a tree on there Val, so even though I can log in, I cannot see any instructions for editing/deletion - but they must be there somewhere!!!
        Elaine

Comment

still cannot find it boo hoo

Comment

Val, if you can't see an option once you have logged in, then post your query on the FTM Ancestry message board -
            Elaine

Comment

Does this old thread from GR help ??
              Elaine

Comment

thanks again Elaine have looked at that and cannot even find the removing files link ?? maybe I should contact that girl :(

Comment

PMSL here I just went to ask that girl and guess what ??? I had gone on there and this is my reply yet my tree is still showing ?gr.jpg
                  Last edited by Guest; 14-03-14, 12:59.

Comment

am going out into the garden before I go potty back later

Comment

finally after three emails to them, have deleted it phew ,

Comment

They don't make it easy for us, do they!!!
                        Elaine

Comment

no they dont Elaine they first of all told me to give them the link to my tree and my password and they would do it, then they said they needed my account ,and after all that they gave me the details on how to do it myself, and even that was wrong I had to work around it.

Comment

Working...
                          X