Marriage dates being lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage dates being lost

I populated a new tree in FTM 2011 directly from my Ancestry account and the vast majority of marriage dates got lost somewhere in the move. I've looked over the entries in Ancestry and can see nothing wrong with the way they are entered, sourced and not sourced. Some marriages did make the move but most did not. What am I missing here?

Can you give an example of the date format you used in Ancestry for one of the entries which has gone missing - is it a date format accepted by FTM?
    When you added the date information to Ancestry, how did you do it?
    Did you type the date in yourself, or was it created automatically from an "attach this record to my tree" method.
    Elaine

Comment

The vast majority of records, if not all, that got lost in the move are government marriage records from Ontario, Canada. I had no problem with UK or US records. These marriage records were added to Ancestry via " attach this record to my tree ". A few birth dates from Ontario were lost as well but only a handful. I have the date format in FTM set as "10 March 2014" and this was changed recently from dd mmm yyyy.

Comment

Working...
      X