2 years later and the puzzle is solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years later and the puzzle is solved

Remember Annie, William & Rosena Phillips?

I finally found a birth for her, Annie PhiLips in January, 1879, a marriage between PhiLips to Preston in October, 1898 and finally 7 children found, most of which have the PhiLips in as well as one being named Rosina in 1901.

Oh so happy
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Its always worth another look back to brick walls as sometimes they just pop up, or more info gets added.
    Happy for you

Edna

Comment

I was searching Family Search the other day when 2 Annie's came up, one was the twin born in Dec, 1879 and the other was Jan, 1879 so I decided I'd try asking the Registry Office. She is noted down as Philips in everything.

I only really need a death now and then I'm all set.

Comment

I find with Familysearch they add info to records and keep updating stuff so its always worth checking it out, that's how I broke my brick wall down too, as they later added parents name to a baptism, one of those names was used in the children's middle name.

Edna

Comment

That seems to be the case in mine. The Phillips have a tradition of adding the mother/grandmother's names as a middle, now it's adding George instead.

Comment

George is also a surname as well as a first name so a possible clue to the past

Edna

Comment

George Phillips named 2 of his sons George, Granddad named his Son _______ George and then his son was named ______ George and his son..... The name is on Granddad's Death Cert but not his Birth Cert.

Comment

That's fantastic news :o

Comment

http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...aming-Patterns this may help you to work out George

Edna

Comment

Is it possible that someone can help me figure out how many children they actually had please?

I've got 5 from 1901 & 1911 Censuses and doing a search for Preston children, I'm being led to believe that there may be 4 more, I've also found another child that includes the Philips part in the name. I found my Census on Find My Past but I didn't look at the actual image as I didn't wish to use all of my credits.

The children I have from 1901 & 1911 Census are:
                    William Philips Preston born in 1899, Stockton-on-tees
                    Rosina Philips Preston born in 1900, Stockton
                    Norman Preston born in 1904, Stockton
                    Dorothy Preston born in 1907, Stockton
                    John Preston born in 1909, Stockton

I do have printscreens but I'm not sure if that would be allowed on here?

The other children I have found are:
                    Annie Preston born in 1903 and died in 1904, Stockton.
                    Reginald Phillips Preston born and died in 1908, Stockton.
                    George S Preston, Stockton, 1912 which oddly enough gives a Mother's name of Phillips on Ancestry.
                    Thomas L Preston, Stockton, 1916.

I would be extremely grateful.

Comment

Got these from Free BMD

Edna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sorry Edna, I have had to remove them as we don't know whether they are living or not. I shall PM them to Lennon though Chrissie
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-03-14, 21:15. Reason: Possible living people

Comment

Sorry I wasn't thinking

Edna

Comment

No problem, we all do it sometimes
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have just realised something. Weren't those births Preston with mmn Preston as well Edna? I thought we were looking for Preston mmn Philips? Or have I misunderstood? I can see a couple of those of Free BMD. I will post them because they are earlier and I have found a couple of very likely deaths -
                            Jan-March 1912 - Preston George S Philips Stockton 10a 126
                            Oct-Dec 1916 - Preston Thomas L Philips Stockton 10a 109

Just realised that you have already posted those 2 Sarah. Regarding the ones who died. Only one is likely to be yours as in 1911 they say that they have had 6 children and 5 living one died.
                            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-03-14, 21:39.

Comment

Yes that why I added an Edit to say MMN Preston not Phillips, Chrissie sorry I should have just deleted it all instead of adding the Edit

Edna

Comment

As I said, don't worry about it I think it's beginning to look as though they had 8 children and one died before 1911. Do you agree?

Comment

Yes I think so too

Edna

Comment

Thank you both immensely for the help, do you want to know what I find the oddest? Having the mother's name attached to the 1912 birth as I'm sure it's the only one I have before 1915 unless it's Baptisms of course.

There is a cemetery register on Durham Records Online for the one who share's their parents name, I know what I'll be buying tomorrow. The Street is the same as the 1901 Census that I sent you Chrissie.

Comment

Mother Maiden name was only added to certs in 1911 and after Sarah which is a help

Edna

Comment

I always thought it was after 1915.

Comment

Working...
                                        X