Newspaper articles on FMP (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper articles on FMP (again)

I must be such a numpty, because even when the system finds me a record and I use my credits to click on view, I then can't actually find the article on the pages of the paper that pop up. They're usually highlighted, but this doesn't seem to be.

The summary says:

Derby Mercury Wednesday 04 May 1887 :So^'-s^lo^ ss. and casta. R * ' Motheb AND Son.— Arthur William Folgar, a little: boy ten years "of age, was charged with stealing 4s. 7d. from Mary Sudbury, at Little Hallam, on April 30th. Elizabeth Folgar, mother of, the defendant, waa oharged: with receiving

Can anyone help me, please?

What am I doing wrong [again] ?

Thanks
    STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Not sure what you are doing wrong, because the section of the image that you needed came up instantly for me!

Ripley Petty Sessions
    Remanded case - Arthur Folgar, ten years of age, was charged with feloniously stealing 4s 7d. from Mary Sudbury at Little Hallam on the 30th April. Elizabeth Folgar, his mother, was charged with receiving the same, knowing it had been stolen. Both remanded to Heanor Petty Sessions.
    Elaine

Comment

Just realised - I was looking at Derbyshire Times and Chesterfield Herald Publication :Saturday 07 May 1887 - which was the only one which showed up on my search.
      Elaine

Comment

Just searched on FMP.com and can see the one you are looking at. The entry is in the 5th column, towards the bottom - section heading PETTY SESSIONS Monday >> MOTHER & SON
        Elaine

Comment

Oh thanks so much, Elaine, I can see it now!

I do find these old newspaper images a bit of a challenge.

STG

Comment

I had the same problem STG. I was recently looking for something that I was told was there - 'a record of a law enfraction George (Henry) Lunn seems to have been involved with in Oct 1856'. I couldn't find one for the date she mentioned but I got this page up when i searched -

but when I opened the 5th one down I got this and couldn't find him in the summary or on the page -

Sorry, I see you have solved it now. I posted those to see if you were getting the same thing
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 09-03-14, 12:32.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I didn't follow the links Chrissie, in case it used up more of my credits. Sorry, but I've only got a few and try to use them v.sparingly.

Good to know I'm not the only one who struggles though!

STG

Comment

Working...
              X