Looking for a Burial in New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Burial in New Jersey

I am trying to find any online records for The Rancocas Cemetary Burlington County New Jersey, I have a death in 1892 and its says she was buried there, but not having much luck finding where to find out if she is buried with anybody else.

Try FindAGrave.com

Find 491 memorial records at the Rancocas Quaker Burying Ground cemetery in Rancocas, New Jersey. Add a memorial, flowers or photo.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Thanks webwiz I did try that but the only one in the right year seems to be a quaker and I'm sure mine wasn't ?

Comment

Val -
        Findagrave isn't necessarily a complete listing of everyone in the cemetery. You can create a memorial page and request a photo.

But what you're saying that this isn't the right cemetery because she wasn't a Quaker? The info you have is that she was buried in "The Rancocas Cemetary Burlington County New Jersey"? Quakers might be flexible about who's buried in their cemetery?

It looks like Rancocas is not a full fledged city:

I wonder if at the time the area was referred to as Rancocas, but as development occurred, the cemetery became a part of another town. Do you know the cemetery's actual name?

You could search findagrave without naming the town, just the state and the name you're looking for.
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 09-03-14, 00:06.

Comment

thanks Photo maybe I am doing too definite a search will try that

Comment

Hello Val

One of my distant family members & fellow family history nut lives in New Jersey. I'll ask her if she has any tips (no promises, of course)

Comment

that would be great Grey, I found their son buried in a friends grave in Cedar Lawns which I thought was odd.

Comment

Working...
              X