F.t.m. 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.t.m. 2014

Purchased the above upgrade but having a problem loading. When I press setup my computer just does not respond then it locks up and I have to shut down and re boot. this was a 2014 upgrade and I have FTM 2012 is this the problem?
    Terry Kealey Searching Kealey - Waddell - Sargent - White

Is it the upgrade disc or are you using the upgrade download?
    Elaine

Comment

On a disc.

Comment

Sometimes there is a conflict with certain virus packages, Norton is well know to cause installation problems. You could try deactivating whichever virus pack you use whilst you temporarily try to re-install FTM.

When it doesn't install from the disc, I have known it to work OK when installing from the desktop - so you could copy the disc content on to your hard drive and try from there - instructions are on the following link if you need them. They also suggest starting with a clean boot - again instructions on the link.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Sometimes there is a conflict with certain virus packages, Norton is well know to cause installation problems. You could try deactivating whichever virus pack you use whilst you temporarily try to re-install FTM.

When it doesn't install from the disc, I have known it to work OK when installing from the desktop - so you could copy the disc content on to your hard drive and try from there - instructions are on the following link if you need them. They also suggest starting with a clean boot - again instructions on the link.

http://help.ancestry.com/app/answers...ndows%208#res3
          I closed Norton and copied the program to my computer. Although it would not copy 2 files but sat at 5 seconds to go. Re the disc the copy that was sent to me just list Family Tree install disc and does not say 2014 as the previous versions I have purchased.

Comment

Working...
          X