Findmypast - new website format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findmypast - new website format

Just had an email about the "new look" on FMP.
    Tried logging in and not accepting my login details.
    Anyone else having a similar problem?

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!
    Elaine

It let me in.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It works for me using that link, though I had to put my details in which I don't usually (but it looks the same as always?)

Comment

... however, once I tried to actually LOOK at an image, it just takes me to the subscription page .... :(
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
          ... however, once I tried to actually LOOK at an image, it just takes me to the subscription page .... :(
          I can search OK but am showing as not signed in. I've signed out of the "old style" FMP and signed back in again, so I know my password is right!
          Elaine

Comment

mmmmm - let me in but then asked me to subscribe !

Comment

Sounds as if they need to tweak something!
              Elaine

Comment

Won't let me in at all - not recognising my log in details :(

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I just had to sign in, as I did yesterday, when I normally am able to go straight into FMP. Still looks the same to me though although there is a banner at the top of the page telling me the new Find My Past is coming
                  My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sue, are you using the link I gave in the first post?
                    This is the new look home page.

fmp.jpg
                    Elaine

Comment

I used the link you gave Elaine and it signed me in OK to the home page as above.

I checked the 1911 census for my grandfather and it brought the record up.

Ian

Comment

Apparently, if your login doesn't work on new.findmypast it will be because your account hasn't been moved across yet.
                        They are moving them daily so we just have to be patient.

I was jumping the gun a bit because I have just realised that the email I received was sent to an old email address of mine, not the one I currently use for FMP. I probably set it up sometime in the past in order to get some freebie credits!
                        Elaine

Comment

I've been exploring again .. on looking at My Account, it is telling me that all I have ever had with them is a 3 month credit voucher from last year (????). I have been a member since they first started as 1837online and the page has no record of any of it or any of my saved searches!!!!

Since my subscription runs from October to October and I was using it this week, they appear to have BIG problems wth their new version of the site. I hope they have a copy of their old database ....
                          Caroline

Comment

Oh I wish you hadn't said that Caroline. Just checked my account on the old login site (because I can't get into the new one) and it's frightening what I have spent over the years!
                            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                              Sue, are you using the link I gave in the first post?
                              This is the new look home page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17153[/ATTACH]
                              Yes I did use your link last night. I just tried again this morning via your link and I got the new look home page, but I had to click on the sign in button. When I did that it had remembered my details and I just had to click the button. I've done a couple of searches and it seems to be OK.
                              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Once I logged out of the new site, I could get into the old site and everything is as normal there, so I will leave well alone.
                                Caroline

Comment

I've got into the new site but had to put my login details and I did a search no problem.
                                  Margaret

Comment

For info, From the WDYTYA magazine site:

Genealogy website findmypast has undergone a makeover, incorporating several new features and improved navigation.

Rolled out to approximately half of its members so far, the updated version offers a range of tools, including a new search facility.

Unlike its previous incarnation, in which users only had the option of searching individual record sets or all collections at once, findmypast members can now search across a personalised selection of categories.

Once relevant results have been displayed, findings can then be narrowed down by applying filters such as keyword, collection and country.

However, one of the most noticeable changes is a revamp of the website’s family tree builder.

A departure from its previous version, the software enables members to upload profile pictures for each ancestor in their tree, view timelines, add detailed source material and import GEDCOM (family tree) files that have been created elsewhere.

Building the new website has involved transferring all of its data over to a new platform and uniting the overseas versions of the site, which includes findmypast.com.au (Australia) and findmypast.ie (Ireland).

As a result, users who have taken out a World subscription can access non-UK records more easily.

Findmypast bosses also claim that the platform makes it simpler to upload material, with new record collections now promised every month.

“It’s a really exciting time at findmypast as we start to unveil our brand new website," findmypast brand director Paul Yates told Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine.

"This is just the beginning – our members will see many more new features and improvements during the coming months."

Although the new-look site is not yet available to all users, every findmypast account will be moved across automatically over the course of the next few weeks.

The redesign follows a number of major changes at the DC Thomson Family History-run website, including a new price structure and the launch of a forum, which encourages members to provide feedback and suggest website improvements.

Carol

Comment

OMG ..... can I cope with changes at Ancestry and FMP all at the same time? Lots of patience needed I think!
                                      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                                        Yes, - it did this with me too.

Holly.

Comment

Working...
                                        X