Harry Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Phillips

Is it possible that someone can confirm the death of this person please?

I have his Baptism as Harry on 17th Feb 1870, Paddington St Mary Magdalene, England and in the 1871 Census he is with his Grandparents John and Susannah at Holy Trinity, Durham but he's not on the next Census with any relatives which leads me to believe that he may have died, especially as there's a younger brother named the same name 10 years later.

harry baptism.jpg

During the 1871 Census his parents are in Paddington St Mary Magdalene, England and in 1881 they are in Stockton-On-Tees with no Harry.

I've found a death of a Henry Phillips located in Durham, 1874 but as the Baptism and Census say Harry I'm of the opinion that it may not be him. I've looked at Stockton and Middlesbrough but found nothing.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Harry is a short for Henry ;)lol seriously Prince Harry is really Prince Henry so could be him.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-03-14, 19:48.

Comment

Harry Phillips Houghton Le Spring Durham Mar 1875 10A 362 aged 6

Comment

So you think it's him? I have the FMP credits but I want to make sure before I click on it.

Comment

well you said he was in Durham and its the right age , but you could still check others, the one you found does it give his age ?
          Last edited by Guest; 02-03-14, 20:06.

Comment

I'd say it was worth risking getting the cert: the name is close (as has been said "Henry" gets made into "Harry" - like Charles & Charlie/Charly, Edward & Eddy/Teddy, and so on) and the age is very close, too. The area is plausible.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's this on Family Search:
              Name: Harry Phillips
              Burial Date: 26 Mar 1875
              Burial Place: Newbottle, Durham, England
              Death Date:
              Death Place:
              Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B01631-6
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hmm Newbottle is near Houghton Le Spring and one of the children is born in Philadelphia, Durham which is also in that area but that's in 1878.

Comment

that makes me wonder if the one Sarah has is the right one rather than mine ,if born Feb 1870 then he would be 5 in the march quarter of 1875

Comment

Family Search has that Houghton Le Spring civil reg death as "Harry" not "Henry". "Harry" and "Henry" can look very similar in handwriting.

They have that burial record in here, too: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B01600-2
                    Presumably, one is a Parish Register and one a Bishop's Transcript.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      that makes me wonder if the one Sarah has is the right one rather than mine ,if born Feb 1870 then he would be 5 in the march quarter of 1875
                      The Durham death in 1874q3 is of a 5-year-old. So you'd be back to the same inaccuracy. Family Search has a lot of Durham PR/BT images available - but Newbottle isn't among them (yet).

Christine

Comment

Is this the 1874 death?
                        Name: Henry Philips
                        Burial Date: 20 Sep 1874
                        Burial Place: Shadforth, Durham, England
                        Death Date:
                        Death Place:
                        Birth Date: 1869
                        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B01830-3

Comment

Frustratingly, the Shadforth images that are available stop at 1867 - so 1874 is just out of reach.

Christine

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

This one Christine

Comment

I believe that it's possible to ask them to email you an image of a particular record and that the service is free.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                                I meant that you might have been able to see an image of the burial register - which would have an "abode" and might even mention parents' names, say. That burial record looks as if it's the one that goes with the death registration you found.

Christine

Comment

Thank you for the help everyone. I will send out a few emails and hope that we hit the jackpot somewhere

Comment

Have you looked to see if there is an entry on durhamrecordsonline? If he's there there's a chance they have a note - ie son of or address.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I looked on there this morning JBee and these are the results just using the dates and not selecting any BDM or Census choices:

Harry, 1869- Houghton Le Spring
                                      Harry, 1870- No results

Henry, 1869- Houghton Le Spring (as Harry) and Ludworth

Henry, 1870- No Death but a Census came up, giving a birthplace of Trimdon which if I remember correctly is up near Sedgefield, again not far from Stockton, in a car that is.

Comment

Working...
                                      X