Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Help Please

Hi
    My printer is a Canon Pixma iP 1000. I have it installed on my old computer & my laptop. It will not print any documents although it will print perfect test pages on both computers. I have Googled for a solution but nothing suggested works.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Moggie

maybe a daft solution have you connected it to your pc and laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      maybe a daft solution have you connected it to your pc and laptop
      Hi Val
      Yes, its all connected. The printer is working, it sends out the paper when I ask it to print a document except the pages are all blank.
      The annoying thing apart from it not printing is that I have just bought a multi- pack of 8 cartridges for it.
      I thing the solution is to buy a new printer.
      Moggie

Comment

Hi Val
        Thanks for the link. Will look at it tomorrow when my brain is functioning better. I have been messing about with it all day and got nowhere.
        Moggie

Comment

sometimes you can just unplug it then plug it back in and it works, anyway good luck

Comment

this might help
            Canon pixma ip1000 printer problem the machine itself works but it doesnt show any print on paper. I even change to a new printhead and full color and black ink.

Remove the printer software. And remove the driver from device manager "usb printing support" .and remove printer from control panel>printers, and download latest driver from Internet and install. It will work, if not contact service centers with your printer

Comment

Many thanks for all your help Val.
              I tried again this morning. I downloaded a couple of things that promised to fix it but when it came to the crunch they both wanted lots of money to fix it. I went on the official Canon site downloaded what they said was a new driver but its still not printing so I think it is time to buy a new printer.
              Moggie

Comment

have you tried to see if you can post a query on their site?as it sounds as if its not linking to the PC

Comment

have you tried to see if you can post a query on their site?as it sounds as if its not linking to the PC
                  Hi Val
                  I did find what I think is genuine Canon technical help but I think it will cost £21. That's what it said at the bottom of the form that I was going to fill in & there was no guarantee that they could solve the problem.
                  Moggie

Comment

This is Canon UK tech support, and it is free

Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
                      This is Canon UK tech support, and it is free

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...ort/Index.aspx
                      Hi Pete
                      thanks for the link.
                      I have sent off an email so fingers crossed they may be able to solve the problem.
                      Moggie

Comment

must say I was surprised when you said they were going to charge ?? hope you get it fixed good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X