Internet Explorer page won't come up and stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer page won't come up and stay

I've just turned my Netbook computer on and when I click onto the Internet Explorer icon the page comes up and disappears straight away I've tried it a few times turned computer off and tried again and still the same any help would be really appreciated thank you.

Granabella.

Try another browser such as Chrome or Firefox?
    Anne

Comment

Thank you Anne I will have a go ,but would really like to know what is wrong with my Internet Explorer.

Granabella.

Comment

This page on the microsoft site might be relevant

Helps resolve issues where Internet Explorer opens, flashes, and then closes immediately.

Comment

Hello David thank you I have now uninstalled internet explorer 7 from my Netbook reading instructions of another computer I then went to reinstall reading of computer not sure what to do as it sounds as if I am installing on the computer I am reading instruction on hope you understand what I am saying any help thank you.

Comment

I am not 100% sure but it sounds as if you have downloaded Internet Explorer onto the other computer, not the Netbook, which , given the problem you are having with internet access is not surprising. If that is what has happened then somehow you have to get the Internet Explorer installer onto your Netbook.

Assuming that you cannot access the internet using your netbook then I would say the only thing available is to use a USB key. One method is to copy the installer onto the key from your other computer, plug it into the Netbook and then run the installer from there.

An alternative, assuming that a USB key is possible, is to put a portable browser (Firefox for example) on the USB key using the other computer.Then plug the key into the Netbook and use the portable browser to access the internet, download the internet explorer installer and proceed from there.

Comment

Hello David im just looking in and notices you havent recieved my message dont know what happened any i will say again thanks for your advive ive desided to take my Netbook into Currys but thank you again.

Granabelle

Comment

Working...
              X